Economic Modelling and Analysis
A key competency of OUTCOMES INTERNATIONAL is the development of customized, scientific, user-friendly, transparent economic decision-analytic models.
Benefits of model software:
- Flexibility and efficient generation of key results (scenario & sensitivity analysis)
- Projections from an "artificial" clinical trial environment to a real-world setting
- Computation of economic outcomes from different perspectives (society, payer, patient, hospital)
- Easy adaptation to country-specific settings
- Use as communication tool for presentations to policy makers in health care and to the scientific community
Case example: Economic model analysis comparing universal childhood vaccination against varicella versus no vaccination in Germany (third-party payer perspective)
Main result: Break-even point in direct medical costs reached after less than 5 years from implementation of the routine vaccination program
Source: Banz K, Wagenpfeil S, Neiss A, Goertz A, Staginnus U, Vollmar J, Wutzler P. The cost-effectiveness of routine childhood varicella vaccination in Germany. Vaccine 2003, 21; 1256-67
Please find some examples of screen-shots of selected decision analytic models below.